Wednesday, June 24, 2015

A Color without color!

Look 2:
White has some magic to it and it becomes more than evident in summers. I love colors and while Rainbow is my favorite (pun intended), the absence of any in White is equally intriguing and maybe that's why I din't think twice while spending on this White maxi, even when I own about 10 already. Believe me, not buying something as pretty as this is a bad omen! Nothing haunts you more than the things you didn't buy. I was saving myself from the guaranteed haunted nights this maxi would have given me later.

OK, back to the looks, the dress is pretty on its own so I kept that in my mind while deciding what route to take to style it. There were just too many ideas and I had a hard time settling down to just one, just two, just 5..arrggh!!! So, after spending a few good hours in front of the mirror and next few taking worthless selfies lying in a pile of clothes, I finally chose to create two different looks. First look is something that I would love to wear to a day function. A bit of exaggeration with a bit of royalty. Oxidized jewelry blends well with White and its so easy on eyes. The second look is a fuss-free look with just a colorful beaded necklace  for a sun-downer by a poolside or for a barefoot walk on a beach. Now this reminds me of one of my favorite scenes from Sex and the city 2, where SJP (Carrie Bradshaw) walked on a beach in Abu Dhabi, all by herself. That was a sad moment for Carrie, but, not for SJP or for any of us. Don't ask me why! Its not everyday that we are left in an eternal awe of a dress. How could one get over that breathtakingly beautiful Halston Heritage Orange pleated maxi she was wearing and need I mention the way she had to (more than) occasionally lift it just to be able to walk. Our jaws dropped, mine never got lifted back cause I watch that scene on loop. 

Take-away : Never get your Maxi hemmed to fit your length, put your hands to some good use, lift it..duh!

Dress : Jennyfer.com | Cape : My own design | Shoes : Zara | Necklaces, bracelet and Earrings : Janpath, Delhi | Denim-button bag : My own design | Glasses : Splash |

3 comments: