Saturday, June 13, 2015

Something old, something new, something recycled!

Ruffles and high neck, OK, stop right there! I am sold! The chiffon blouse is the center piece of this look and you know why. It is so chic and classy that I want to wear it with everything. But, this pink skirt got lucky and beat every other bottom in my closet to team up with it. I just love how pink and white compliment each other. 

To tell you the truth, this skirt wasn't even a skirt, it was an anarkali suit made out of my mum's almost 25 yrs old tissue saree. She was throwing it away when I claimed deep interest in it and she was like 'Just take it away but don't bother investing too much in it, it won't hold the stitch and (blah blah)'. I paid no heave to her very experienced talk cause honey, heart wants what it wants. I took the leap of faith and went ahead to prove her wrong and got a beautiful anarkali suit stitched out of it with a very intricate broad lace on the border (which took me next few days to hunt down and yep, a good amount of money too). Abused it till I got bored of it (or may be till I recovered my investment). However, it wasn't reason enough to let go if it just yet, the lace got me drooling everytime I saw it in my trunk just collecting dust (or whatever clothes collect when they are locked away). Eureka( not really! ) but, still something. I got it re-recycled to what it is now, a full flare midi skirt, yay! 

I love to keep jewellery to a minimum in summers and this look is no exception. Just a few rings, a coin pouch and a pair of earrings were more than enough to make me look like a princess ( lost in time).

Top : Trendy Diva| Skirt : DIY | Pumps : Zara | Rings : CP, Delhi | Coin pouch : Hallmark | Earrings : Local market, Amritsar | Glasses : Splash |

1 comment:

  1. hey awesome photos <3

    Do check my blog : http://instyleandtrendz.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete