Monday, June 15, 2015

Be quirky, be flawed, be a person!

What sets us apart is our quirkiness. So, embracing it is just the beginning, what do we do with it, is just a matter of our self-belief. For now, I'll give you a piece of me with this look. Got inspired for this look on a day when my husband asked me what would I want for my 30th birthday (which is still way ahead, but, my husband loves to plan ahead and loves to shelve them to, way ahead of time). 'Baby, lets drive down to a colder place', was more like the expected answer, but, I wasn't thinking like someone in her 20s (Noooo, not even like someone in her 30s either, atleast not yet, there's still time for that). I was more like a teenage girl who just wanted some adventure and said 'Baby, lets drive down to Banaras, a road trip, just the two of us ( ya ya, its not a romantic destination, but, its not our anniversary either, duh!). I know roaming around in the hot, blistering sun, growing 13 (? coz I hate 13) shades darker is not my thing, but, so isn't turning 30. My husband wasn't intrigued, not that he wasn't interested or excited, just not shocked. And that's when I realized that he expects me to do the unexpected. I am like no one else. In his words I make rules only to break them later for my own convenience. So, here's a big thumbs up to breaking rules! 

Back to the look, this is a halter neck printed cotton maxi dress. Just perfect for a summer afternoon( even more perfect for a beach). And whats not to like about the dress, everything is just tailor-made for summer, the color, the design, the print and especially the length. I teamed it up with a short Nehru collared jacket. Gladiator style flats, reflectors, a khadi  sling pouch and an arm cuff added to the quirkiness of the look.

Dress : Jennyfer.com | Shoes : Bata | Sling bag and arm cuff : Janpath, Delhi | Jacket : Thrifted  | Glasses : Bangkok |

No comments:

Post a Comment