Thursday, October 8, 2015

Of freedom and solitude!

'To go out with the setting sun on an empty beach is to truly embrace your solitude.' - Jeanne Moreau

Yay! Yet another beach. I was super excited to finally get to wear my rusty Kaftan dress. This dress is perfect for a day at a beach, it is flowy with movement, has an open back, slit sleeve, a slit at the front neck, tasseled draw strings at the waist and side pockets, need I say more? I was more than ready to hit the beach.

Though, the beach wasn't that kind to me. All attempts at pretending to like the breeze were failing miserably. To be honest, it's not breeze if it is strong and wild  enough to uproot the trees. And was I not stupid for letting my hair loose even when I have already learnt that perfect beachy waves are a myth. All I got in return was a tangled mess that barely looked like my hair. It took me an hour to comb through them. Nonetheless, I still wanna settle down on a beach, build a little space to call my own, even if it is as little as a shack I saw on my way back. Day dreamers, phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment