Monday, February 23, 2015

It's where my demons hide!

That day started with dressing up to unleash my romantic side, but ended up unleashing a demon instead. Lil did I know at the start of the day that I am going to end up on the other side of the spectrum. 

Just a sec before I was to step out, I stopped for the habitual last glance at myself in the mirror. That's when I saw what started to eat me up inside, I couldn't turn away now, my heart started pounding. I have just seen something that no women should ever see in her lifetime, those wrinkles on forehead. Now all I could see were wrinkles, nothing else but wrinkles. Not willing to waste another second, teary-eyed I turned to my very loving husband and said, 'I am not fine baby'. He gently asked, 'what happened, fever?' I gathered whatever amount of energy left to utter those words that we don't say out loud(old saying that demons come true if you call out for them), I said, ' I have wrinkles, dark circles, frown lines, I am getting old'. And, just when I thought my partner would hug me and calm me down, he said, 'Honey, you've always had them'. I was numb, this wasn't the answer I expected, my head started processing what he must have meant, did he mean I've always looked old or did he mean I haven't grown any new wrinkles?
Though, I knew he meant that I don't look old or whatever, but, I was far gone by then. Coming to terms with our wrinkles is not what we are taught. No one tells us what would it be like to feel our skin losing its glow. We take this journey all by ourselves, one wrinkle at a time. However, I am far from ready yet! Would I ever be? Nopes, never.

Coming to the look(high time!), I went for an all-white look to create a blank canvas, added hints of floral power with my scarf, DIY pouch and my light weight pink cardigan. The necklace has hints of blue and pink color that added details in just the right amount. I usually match my tops with my bottoms to create an illusion of height, just heels don't do it enough for me.

Have you noticed a wrinkle too or am I the only one aging? Is there any magic potion I could try?
Spaghetti crop top :Forever 21 | Skirt, Scarf - SN Market, Delhi |  Cardigan - Platinum Mall, Bangkok | Shoes : Zara | Bracelet, Neck let - Forever 21 |

No comments:

Post a Comment