Tuesday, December 2, 2014

How to be a Perfect illusionist!

Though legally only Nicole Kidman should be allowed to blog about a beauty routine, but we all have one. Mine only gets to life when I get ready to go out. I believe in leaving the canvas blank when not in use(wink wink**mostly  lazy). 

If there is anything who I celebrate more than the existence of heels is a good moisturizer. I swear by Clean&Clear and it has been the best for my combination skin. Its not oily at all and leaves the skin hydrated. Need I say that it is the perfect base for the makeup and can't say not to the glow that it leaves behind. I also recommend to mix a bit of a good sunblock with higher SPF to the moisturizer for protection against the harsh sunrays. I am not a fan of foundation and stick to BB creams for a lighter finish, top it off with a powder compact and a lil blush on my cheeks. Idea is to create an illusion of  an even skin tone and not risk looking like a walking cake waiting for someone to put a knife through.

For eyes I love to go neutral for my day looks and use just a bit of pink gloss on the top of my eyelid to give it a healthy shine, and for evening looks I prefer a blue pencil to color the top lid to give a cat eye effect, however, am still learning tricks to get it right. I stay off kohl as it hardly does anything to my face, but, truth be told, I don't hold back on multiple strokes of mascara on my eye lashes, thicker the better. 

Its quite evident from my pictures that I am a big fan of Red matte lipstick, but, let me just bring it up again. My favourite is from Maybelline and I carry it with me all the time. I am pretty sure I am going to carry one to my grave too, cause a gal should never be out of her supply of mascara and red lipstick. And on days when my lips are too dry to hold the matte color, I cover them up with a coral pink gloss lipstick from Colorbar, it has such a beautiful pearly finish that I wish I could put it around my neck too and call it a vintage set;p

I hardly use nail paints as I am too impatient to wait for them to dry out. However, if I do, its mostly express finish in black or transparent.
And last but definitely not the least is a spray of your favourite perfume. I am allergic to most of the perfumes and stick only to the ones with a lighter fragrance. I am using a  very mild one from Hugo Boss, but I confess that I prefer men's perfume over women's, so, mostly I steal a spray or two from my husband's bottle, and that also means that my bottles last longer than they should.

There is no secret formula to achieve a perfect skin, either you're blessed with one or you're not. However, if there's any secret that does exist, I am pretty sure Nicole Kidman bought all the copyrights to it already; cause for all I know, make up or no make up, she looks flawless every single time. So!! Why fuss over, if perfect skin is just an illusion, then lets just continue being the perfect illusionists that we all are.







No comments:

Post a Comment