Thursday, December 18, 2014

Skin-Anatomy!

Who doesn't enjoy a healthy glowing skin, but, I am too lazy to do anything about it everyday. So, there's nothing much to share about a skin care routine other than the things I don't do, and I am proud to say that I never sleep with my make up on.

I prefer natural, organic stuff for my skin. I avoid washing my face too often during winters as it tends to leave the skin dry. After every wash I use a mild face moisturizer (clean&clear) on my face during the day and use more oil based products during the night like milk cream/coconut oil.

I love soaking the sun longer than the healthy limit, I may have more vitamin D than blood in my body. If I were to donate some, I wouldn't think twice. However, being the children of the sun doesn't make you any brighter or fairer. In fact I get a tan every winter and grow at least 3 shades darker than my actual skin tone. So, from time to time I love to get my detanning  routine out of the closet. The best part is that I don't need to head out to a salon for an expensive facial. I have a trusted home remedy that never disappoints me. You can try it too, all you need is a spoon each of tomato juice, lemon juice, cucumber juice and honey. Mix equal parts and leave it on your skin for 10-15 minutes before a shower. It sure sounds like a task, but, it isn't. Stay in, watch some telly, play a nice song and you'll be done before you even know it. Dare you step out in the sun while you still have it on, the lemon juice makes your skin photosensitive to the sun rays and you may end up damaging your skin beyond repair. 

As much as I would love to be as young and immortal as the vampires and not age a bit, I know that's not happening. I have never tried any age defying product before and this was my first time. I started using the youth code from L'oreal two months ago and the bottle is almost finished. I don't know if I have grown any younger since I started using it, but, it definitely leaves my skin light, supple and hydrated. I love that it doesn't stay on the skin and is absorbed instantly. I want to use it every morning, but, I tend to forget. So, to keep myself reminded I have to keep it on the side table, next to my bed. 

Last, but, not the least is water, its not just a transparent fluid, its a free, readily available magic potion for a healthy skin. Drink at least 3 bottles a day for a glowing skin. I am finishing my 2nd bottle of  the day, you too should go and have a glass of water, nowwww.







No comments:

Post a Comment