Monday, April 28, 2014

Create a brand new wardrobe from old favorites

First comes thought; then organization of that thought, into ideas and plans; then transformation of those plans into reality. The beginning, as you will observe, is in your imagination.
-Napoleon Hill

I am very bad at parting with my things, irrespective of their value or worth. Maybe that's why I've always loved the idea of makeover/restoration/transformation of beloved belongings. It not only helps rescue your old favorites but also turns them into something new and more us.

I have a system of my own where I scan through my closet once every month to find things that can't be worn anymore, at least not in the same style. They then get added to my makeover list and stacked together in a section dedicated to them in my closet. I take them out whenever I start a new DIY (Do-it-yourself) project.

This Chanderi silk hena green saree was gifted to me by a very close friend on one of my birthday's. I love the exquisite color and fabric but it just never worked on me.The fabric doesn't sit well on my body when wrapped around as a saree as it's always puffy making me look bulkier and shorter. However, the cons became pros when I thought of getting a maxi dress made out of it. It is very festively even as a maxi. Now it only takes half a minute for me to put it on where it took me half a day trying to wrap it around my body as a saree.

If you too come across things in your closet that you cant wear anymore for a number of reasons however, not ready to part with it yet ( given the never ending list of excuses like memories attached, favorite color or fabric), then don't. Fly with your imagination and breathe new life into them by giving a makeover or transforming them completely to hold your memories in a different design, just more you and more wearable.

Muuaahhh..muuahhh ....till  I find another saree to be sacrificed for fashion. 



No comments:

Post a Comment