Friday, July 25, 2014

Faux (pas) of Leather!!!!

I am not a fan of leather, wait, only till I spot something great in my size. It was love at first sight and this uber sexy faux leather skirt wasn't even my size so to say, but, love is unconditional and sizeless, so didn't hold back from buying it. Its so versatile that even my husband is not worried about this investment. 

If you own a leather garment already, you'll know how difficult it is to get leather outfits altered and I was already
pushing my luck too far getting the right fit for a very non-existent waist. But, never one to give up on clothes, finally got it to sit well on my tiny waist. This skirt is easy to be styled for both fun and work, so, warning you way ahead, you may spot me wearing it too often. Love makes you do crazy things.

I have a huge pile of printed tops to go with my skirt, however, monochrome stripes blew me away when added with the deep Red color of the skirt, I instantly knew how I am wearing it.

For a work look:
I decided to tone down the sexiness of the skirt and paired it with a polished midi-sleeved blouse and classy pointed heels. I love how gold accentuates the Red, so, hints of gold through the guitar locket, studs on the heels, gold on printed clutch and the leather love wristband.

 For a fun look : My heart went in the crop top direction and high-tops shoes. I kept the same accessories as the look above. Woohoho!!! Ready for a crazy day, jump and fly, sing too many songs and dance all night, do whatever you want to do, these shoes aren't giving up on you any soon.
 
Leather is always in fashion and is super stylish. A word to wise, its very versatile and not meant only for bikers, we just need to style it better and not give in to the obvious biker chic feel of it. You can incorporate leather in your wardrobe in any form like tights, pencil/ pleated skirt, dresses and tops. Let your imagination lead you to give leather a girly makeover or an edgy punk feel, its rocking either way .
 
I hope I have charmed you enough to invest in a leather outfit now. Do tell me how do you style your leather?



 My Look:
Crop top, Faux leather skirt, high tops, heels, wrist band : Forever21
Clutch : Flea market, select city walk, Saket ,Delhi
Monochorme stripes shirt : Sarojini Nagar, Delhi
Necklet : Janpath, Delhi 
Shades : Spalsh 




No comments:

Post a Comment