Thursday, June 26, 2014

Time-Machine

 Time moves in one direction, memory in another.
-William Gibson


Time, enough said!!! One thing that we could never build a remote control for, it keeps moving even when we lay still, even when we close our eyes, even when we have no will. 

It's a no-brainer that my inspiration today is time, our past, present and future. Time pieces keep me constantly reminded of the time slipping off my hand, and quite ironically take me back and forth at the same time. I see a part of my past with the memories attached and present when I see the actual time on it. I have collected a few quirky time pieces and thought of putting few of them together, I only needed an outfit idea now.   

The Mercury level is at it's peak in Delhi, so, I needed to style something that instantly soothes my senses down. Blue being the closest thing one can get to a water body in Delhi, was my obvious choice. White and Red just played along.t. I am fan of Jersey Tees and have stocked on as many as I could get my hands on. If you too lust after jersey Tees as much as I do, then this cropped one is just to die for. Not one to shy away from flaunting the midriff? Got one? show some. My sporty side got paired with the tease in me with a high waisted palazzo pants. Strappy white sandals, red waist-belt and my favourite red studded sling bag did what they do best, stand out. 

Time pieces, old, vintage or brand new, can never out-run each other, even if they wanted to and will take the exact same circle with the exact same speed every second, every minute, every hour,  every day. Here's wishing that we all could reflect the same in our lives too, instead of trying to outrun each other, lets do what we do best with the same passion and intensity everyday.  

Time is running out, stop beating yourself up and make most of it while you can. So, when you're happy, flaunt it; when you love, mean it; when you believe, show it; when you promise, keep it; when you laugh, record it;  when you cook, burn it; when you smile, selfie it; when you're sad; mourn it;when you  fall, learn from it.

 Xoxo...Pardon my preaching, I am only human, with just a bottle less of blood than you, maybe a few inches shorter too.

 My look :
Jersey Crop Tee: Forever21
Pallazos pants : Cannaught place, Delhi
Red slim waist-belt : Forever21
Strappy white sandals : ZARA
 Red studded sling: ZARA 
Watch : Breitling
Necklet : A gift 
Ring : Incense

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful accessories and what a pretty pants.

    Love
    Shilpi
    www.pinkjasminestyling.com

    ReplyDelete