Thursday, May 15, 2014

Vintage sorbet Trunk!!

Vintage Sorbet Trunk
 

Antique things have an appreciation and worth. Something can be old, but can be timeless; therefore it becomes an antique. If this antique is preserved and deemed precious, this could be passed down as a family heirloom.
-
Cee Lo Gree

What happens after an overdose of caffeine and chocolate? Well, this is what happened to me and clearly I haven't been slacking since. Made some good use of the overflow of the creative energy.

So, it all began when I gifted this trunk to myself on this mother's day.Yeah!! I got gifted even when it was her day, this is why mums are mums.
This trunk may as well be as old as me, almost. No!!I am not telling how young I am, I follow a a simple rule : Don't ask, don't tell. Coming back to the trunk, this is one amongst the number of trunks  that carried our stuff safely whenever we moved from one place to another, and frequency of this ritual was more than often, as my dad served in the army and used to get transferred every 2-3 years. Though I din't fancy it much as a little girl; but as I grew, it kinda grew too, on me. Now I love it for the part that its old, but timeless and brings a history along. This trunk still has a bit of dust intact from my childhood and am determined to keep that safe under the new coat of paint. I had my heart set on it and my mum, still as much puzzled with my fixation with this old broken wooden trunk with definite signs of aging, was more than happy to get this junk off her house. Painting it wasn't a cake walk and not having an option of undo button or ctrl+z , only made it  tougher. But Never one to back down, pretty successfully restored it and now I call it Vintage sorbet trunk. My wardrobe favorites are dying to be locked in the new safe hiding. 

My leftover energy and my creativity extended the sorbet family with a jewellery box and a cookie can colored with the leftover paint. My husband was more than relieved when finally the paint got over, else he too would have been painted to become a part of the sorbet family ;)

Already on another coffee break!!! Don't wait up, there is no other side to this one, will last till eternity, yet again.
 
Was neck deep in paint, but a selfie just felt right ;D     
 Before and After  
 My Look:
Spaghetti crop top: Forever21
Shorts : Janpath
Shirt: Janpath
Shoes:Bangkok
A cool summer look that complements my newly restored wooden trunk. White spaghetti top paired with baby pink high-waist shorts. A polka dot denim shirt used as a cover up from the sun, is adding to the quirky layering. Flats were an obvious choice for working weekdays .Added a pair of white frame wayfarer sunglasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment