Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Over and under of layering!

Layering is an excuse, overtly used(read: abused) by fashion enthusiasts(including me) to hide the fact that we are wearing way too many clothes at once. Pardon the pun, but, we are usually running out of much needed storage space in our closet or simply couldn't decide on just one item. Too much love for clothes could lead to this.I don't love winters, not even a bit and since hibernation isn't possible, I pretend to enjoy the chill. Though thankfully its the only weather that makes my invisible frame come to terms with some visibility. My almost non-existent weight finds existence under multiple layers that frame my body. Gravity could use some help holding me down to the ground, I could be flying free every time the wind starts blowing. So, when people complain about looking fat under all those layers, I cherish the blessing in disguise. And guess what? I might have sounded like someone who loves this weather, but, I truly and faithfully don't. 

Winter looks need to be cozy yet stylish. A warm jumper paired with a pair of woolen stockings, a skater skirt and all tied together by an overcoat, indeed makes for a very cozy look. Mixing prints and solid colors is always a good idea, and just a pinch of swag wouldn't hurt either. 

How do you survive the chill fashionably?
My Look :
The Jumper and the Overcoat: Bangkok
Skirt: Forever 21
Boots : Stellatoes
Bag : Connaught Place, Delhi







1 comment:

  1. I like the coat
    http://www.mumbaitomelbourne.com/fashion-and-beauty-blog-posts

    ReplyDelete